12.19.2015

Errrday a Holiday: Merry, Merry!


Well, it has been awhile! Life has been crazy lately.  Between work, mommy duties, wifey duties, and the holidays, there is hardly any time to do anything!  Not to mention we have been on the go almost every weekend.  So today, I have an entire day at home, which is simply unheard of!  I am spending this lovely Saturday crafting, wrapping, and finalizing all Christmas shopping!


My first craft was adding a little touch of personalization to our stockings.  With our new addition this year, we had to have five matching stockings. Naturally.  Since we are a family full of Alabama fans, my mom ordered us these perfect houndstooth stockings. I love them!  I received an embroidery machine as an early Christmas gift. AH! So excited. BUT I have not yet had the time to get that bad boy up and running! But soon.  SO I needed a way to personalize these cutie stockings.  When in doubt, get that Cameo out!

These little name tags were oh so simple to make.  I used a design from the Silhouette store and the Lilly Belle font.  I had some brown cardstock lying around so that was perfect for this project.  I typed the names into the tag template in the Silhouette studio and then printed them out on my printer.  If you plan to use the print and cut feature, you need to be sure to add registration marks before printing.  Once you print, stick the printed page to your mat and let the Cameo work its magic! and VIOLA! gorg personalized tags.  Use a little twine and put them on the stocking hook.  A fabulous fix until I can monogram them!


Have you ever heard the saying "if it's not moving, monogram it?" It is safe to say that I live by that. I LOVE the look of monograms on wrapping paper. So cute!  I found some cute and inexpensive gift wrap at Walmart and then used the Cameo to cut out monograms for all of them.  A fun and different way to differentiate the gifts.  I am sipping on hot cocoa, watching Christmas movies, and enjoying this beautiful day.  Merry Christmas and happy crafting y'all!

xoxo,

Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment