3.22.2016

Travel the South: OBA



Among the million and one things that I love about my husband, our shared love of travel makes me oh so happy.  We are constantly on the go and we are always taking fun trips!  We are firm believers in the adage work hard, play hard.  We take full advantage of our weekends and are always headed out somewhere fab.  This past weekend, we went to Orange Beach, AL and had the best time! A quick 4 hour drive seems like nothing compared to the 8+ hour trip to North Carolina that we frequently make to see the older two kids!



It's safe to say that I am NOT a light packer.  I always have to be {overly} prepared.  I own about a million and one travel bags, but I have a few favorite go-to staples. I have had a Vera Bradley duffle for as long as I can remember and it's the perfect size for weekend trips. Andddd it's monogrammed. Of course. I also brought along a gold polka dot tote bag, T's diaper bag, and a weekender {monogrammed} that I found on Etsy. There's no such thing as packing too much...right?! Top all of that off with a S'well and I was set to go. The S'well is beyond perfect because it's stainless steel and kept my water icy cold throughout the day. I picked up my S'well from E + Me which is literally the cutest little boutique ever. They have the most adorable clothes for littles and I am obsessed!


Obviously I had to have a sassy beach bag, so I picked up this cutie tote at Hobby Lobby for $3.99, found a beachy saying in the Design Store, grabbed some light pink HTV and boom! Most fab beach bag ever. 

My beach bag included:
Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
Mudpie bathing suit for T {purchased from Smocked Auctions last summer before he was born}
Sally Hansen quick dry polish {best invention ever}
Sunnies {cheapo gas station brand}



My mom was down visiting for the week so we stayed with her at White Caps and it was perfect. Just steps away from the beach, the view was stunning. We woke up Saturday morning, grabbed our coffee, and headed down to the sand! My mug from For Posh Sake made the trip...everyone needs a hello gorgeous mug!! Brooke makes the cutest ever mugs and this one is dishwasher and microwave safe...I am in love!


When T went down for a nap, Chase and I snuck out for a day date since we had my mom to babysit! We were down in OBA a few months ago and ate at Shipp's Harbour Grill and we loved it so much we had to go back. Their sushi is to die for.  I got a shrimp po-boy that was soooo good. We sat outside and had the most gorgeous view! The restaurant overlooks the marina and it was fab. So nice to have a little alone time to talk and laugh together. Love my man!



After lunch, we stopped in one of my favorite stores, J&M Tackle and got T a little onesie. After that we headed back to the condo and relaxed and then took T out to feel the sand and the water!!

Since it is still March, the weather was a little chilly.  Thomas was not so sure about the sand and was even more uncertain about the waves. It was cute to see his reactions and it was fun to watch him play. 


Love my little beach baby!


These two have my heart <3 I am one lucky lady!



For dinner we went to The Gulf. SUCH a cool restaurant made from shipping containers and a huge open outdoor sitting area.  The view was incredible and we all really loved the atmosphere. Fun drinks and delicious, fresh food. Can't beat that! We will definitely be repeat customers! 


Sunday always comes around wayyyyyy too fast.  We had a nice morning hanging out and visiting and then we had to pack up to head home.  We stopped by The Southern Grind which is at The Wharf and grabbed some lattes before hitting the road.  I got a salted caramel latte and it was honestly one of the best cups of coffee I have ever had.  I love to find the local coffee shops wherever we are. I am addicted, what can I say?! We had an amazing weekend! Now we are back home for a week before heading to West Palm Beach for a week! Wahoo!!

I hope you all are having wonderful spring travels as well!

Happy and safe traveling loves!

xoxo, 

Caitlin 




No comments:

Post a Comment