4.28.2018

Whole 30: Week 1


Happy Saturday diva dolls!

My journey to health has been long and bumpy, but now that I am on the path to wellness and change, I cannot imagine ever going back.

Two babies in 22 months and breastfeeding for almost 3 years straight really took its toll on me. I basically took being pregnant and breastfeeding as an opportunity to eat anything that I wanted. The result? Heightened anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, sluggishness and just poor overall health. I desperately needed to make a change but I had no clue where to even begin.

Recently, my boss and his wife were doing the Whole 30 and hearing him talk about the positive benefits of doing so really inspired me. The more I looked into it, the more I thought I CAN DO THIS.

I officially began the Whole 30 on Monday and y'all. Already! I feel brand new. I have so much energy. I have no cravings for junk. I had the MOST productive week at work that I have had in months. After work, I want to take the kids to the park and be active. I have the energy that I need to cook and clean and do everything that needs to be done and it is unreal! Why did it take me so long to make this change?! I don't know, but I am sure glad that I did.

My big picture goal is improved overall health. While weight loss will be a nice side effect of the Whole 30, it is not my main goal. As a mom, I have little ones looking up to me and it is my responsibility to learn to love myself and to treat my body well. I want to be a role model of body positivity and self love. In a society where comparison runs rampant, I want my children to know that healthy is beautiful. I want to teach them that life is all about balance. I don't want them to ever have an unhealthy relationship with food, but I want them to know how to fuel their bodies so that they can feel confident, healthy and happy.

I am by no means perfect, but everyone has to start somewhere! I am excited to learn and grow and improve the current relationship that I have with food.

I am going to share what I have been eating each week to help anyone that might consider starting the Whole 30 themselves. It is truly life changing.

I went to Sprouts last Sunday and did all of the shopping for the week. Before going, I printed out a weekly calendar and wrote out the meals for the week. After going to the store, I cut all of the fruit and prepped several meals to save time throughout the week. It does take a little prep time, but so worth it!

WEEK ONE

Breakfast:
Black coffee
Banana


Lunch
Baked chicken, asparagus, red potatoes
Watermelon, pineapple, honeydew, blueberries


Dinners
Spaghetti Squash and Meat Sauce


Snacks
Raw cashews
Lara bars
Wholly guacamole with baby carrots
Plantain chips


The kids and the husband aren't doing 100% Whole 30, but everyone eats the same thing for dinner. The chili stuffed sweet potatoes were the biggest hit this week!

Are you considering the Whole 30?! You should totally just go for it! You will not regret it.


xoxo,

Caitlin




No comments:

Post a Comment