9.09.2016

Travel the South: Mobile, AL

I might be a little biased since Mobile is my hometown, but I am in love with the rich Southern charm of the beautiful Port City! As it's been said, Mobile is perfectly situated between the woods and the water, making it the ideal home for sportsmen and outdoors lovers alike. Just a short drive from Mobile Bay, Dauphin Island, and Orange Beach, there is always somewhere to go to be by the water! That is definitely something that I miss living up near Birmingham. Not to mention, it is the birthplace of Mardi Gras and home of the Moonpie Drop on New Year's Eve!

I recently spent the weekend in Mobile, so I am sharing some of my favorite spots.
(I could go on forever!)



1. STAY: 

The Admiral Hotel was built in the 1940s and was one of only three hotels in Mobile. Back in the day, it was the first hotel in the area to offer air conditioning and a phone in each room. Many celebrities, including Elvis Presley, have walked the halls of the historic hotel! It was renovated in 2014 and now offers a very elegant Art Deco feel. Nestled in the heart of downtown, we were in walking distance of everything from restaurants,  to coffee shops,  Fort Conde, the Mobile Carnival Museum, and the list goes on! Oh, and of course I had to have my coffee by the pool. 


From the entrance of the hotel, you can take a flight of stairs to the second floor where you can look down over the lobby. Gorg!


I am so accustomed to staying in hotels with rooms that look nearly identical. I LOVED the uniqueness of the room and the classic touches throughout. The bathroom was all marble, as was the table next to the bed. So timeless and chic!

2. EAT:



Regina's is one of my absolute favorite lunch spots, so I always stop in while I'm in town! They are only open from 11-2 Monday through Saturday, so make sure to get there in time. It is the cutest little place and they have the most amazing food. I always get The Loop and it is AMAZING.



  Just a short walk from The Admiral, Serda's is a locally owned coffee shop on South Royal Street. We stopped in and got a cup of coffee, ate a small breakfast, and then walked around downtown. It had such a nice atmosphere and delicious coffee! I am a coffee shop lover for sure.


3. SEE:

The nice thing about downtown is that you don't have to spend a lot of money, or any money at all to enjoy the sights! You can stroll through Bienville Square, or head down to Cooper Riverside Park, or you could just spend the day window shopping at all of the cute little shops! Mobile is such a beautiful city that is rich in history and there is no limit to the things that you can see and do. 



I love the Avenue of the Oaks located on the campus of Spring Hill College. Just the perfect scene of Southern charm! After you check out the stunning campus, make sure to stop by Pollman's and grab a sandwich and some sweets!


I could write a blogpost a mile long about everything that I love in Mobile! It is somewhere that you simply must visit! 

Happy travels loves! 

xoxo, 

Caitlin


No comments:

Post a Comment