9.01.2017

Craft Corner: DIY Personalized Tee

In the South there are four seasons: winter, spring, summer and FOOTBALL! September means that it's football season once again. We are big Alabama fans and of course I have to outfit the kids in the cutest Bama gear! I especially love cute little personalized shirts. However, these shirts run anywhere from $15 to $20, if not more! Today as I was sitting at my desk talking to a friend about these shirts that we buy for our little ones, I realized that I had printable HTV just waiting to be used! For all you crafty, DIY, frugal mommas: this one is for you!



1. Create Your Design

I just drew a circle, filled it with red stripes, Googled an elephant silhouette, and added a monogram. VIOLA!


2. Add Registration Marks

Select your machine type and add the registration marks.


3. Mirror Your Image


4. Check the Cut Settings

I do this step before I print. Select your material type, which is printable heat transfer vinyl and make your adjustments accordingly.


5. Print

Load your printable HTV into your printer so that it will print on the blank side.


6. Cut!

Load the design into your machine and watch the magic happen!


7. Transfer Time!

Place the design face down on the shirt.  I do not have a heat press, but an iron works just fine! Once the design has transferred, peel away the the backing (the grid paper)


8. Brag!

....because now your little has the cutest shirt ever made. And you made it! HOORAY!



Happy crafting mommas!

xoxo, 

Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment